Talk

Advanced search

School Appeals Panel Applicaton

(5 Posts)
rosalux Mon 13-Mar-17 08:31:15

I'm applying to be a member of our local school appeals panel and one of the questions on the application form asks about why I want to do this. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I might answer this. Before I became a SAHM I was a barrister and although I don't want to go back to this, I would like to be able to apply my skills in a related area and I care about education generally, not just because I have two school age children. I'm not sure how to phrase this in a less generic and wishy washy way though. Any tips much appreciated.

LIZS Mon 13-Mar-17 13:47:31

No advice but was wondering where you saw it advertised. Good luck.

rosalux Tue 14-Mar-17 08:09:07

It was on the council's job website LIZS . I think I'll just have to stick with the generalised waffle and see what happens grin

PatriciaHolm Tue 14-Mar-17 08:14:56

Hi there

I think I put down my experience as a school governor, and my keen interest in education and supporting my local area in volunteering. Also emphasised work experience that showed I am logical and can read through large amounts of information and distill the relevant facts, as well as being approachable . Flexibility is valued too as dates can be set with only a couple of weeks notice sometimes.

Good luck!

eddiemairswife Tue 14-Mar-17 10:26:24

I was a school governor and just retired primary teacher. But the way things are in our LA with so many appeals going on all year they'd accept anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now