Talk

Advanced search

Elangeni vs Chesham Bois COE primary school - Amersham

(4 Posts)
Mumof2D Fri 10-Mar-17 09:43:48

Hi all,
We are planning a move to Bucks. I want some feedback on these two schools.
A. Can you please tell me which one is better for preparation of 11+ exams?
B. What are the chances of getting a place in Elangeni if a child is in its catchment and seeks for admission in Year 3 (but do not come from linked school i.e. Chestnut Lane Infant)?
C. Which are good roads to live on both the schools catchment?
Thanks..

Haveasay Fri 10-Mar-17 22:47:19

Local authority schools do not prepare children for 11+ other than the required practice paper, so neither school should be better or worse in terms of preparation.
If you are moving into Bucks you need to contact the admissions team at the local authority when you have proof of address before they will allocate a place. Both schools are regularly over subscribed.

hedwig2001 Fri 10-Mar-17 23:03:35

No personal experience, but family member had three children at Elangeni. All went to Grammar school and have now gone on to good Universities.

bojorojo Mon 13-Mar-17 20:53:18

These are the hardest schools to get into. You can look on Bucks CC website to see admissions details for Elangeni and what chance you have in the event a house comes on the market in the right road. No Bucks state schools prepare for 11 plus. Few schools in this area have spaces. Do much more homework before you move.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now