Talk

Advanced search

Best schools in New Jersey

(9 Posts)
72percentcocoa Sat 04-Mar-17 10:53:25

We may be moving to New Jersey.
I would appreciate if anyone can advise me which areas have the most academic schools for my year 4 and 2 kids.

I'm also wondering about home schooling.
Would local teachers be interested in home tuition?

Thanks in advance.

Pogolphin Sat 04-Mar-17 11:13:46

Where abouts is New Jersey? I am only aware of the one in America.

72percentcocoa Sat 04-Mar-17 16:43:41

Yes, America.

Mominatrix Sat 04-Mar-17 16:49:44

Private or public?

Schools, both private and public, are excellent in the Princeton, NJ area - also a lovely place to live.

user7214743615 Sat 04-Mar-17 17:04:43

New Jersey is a pretty big place. Presumably you have to live within comfortable commuting distance of NY or somewhere else? (Princeton is a bit far for daily commute in my experience, but I guess this is personal taste. Agree that schools are good there.)

irvineoneohone Sat 04-Mar-17 19:42:44

I used to live in Ridgewood, New Jersey when I was a child.
It was beautiful place to live, bed town for New York, but with lots of nature and great school.

Quick wiki found this statement, about my school!

"Benjamin Franklin Middle School was awarded the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, the highest award an American school can receive'

72percentcocoa Sat 04-Mar-17 20:10:35

It could be either Kenilworth or Whitehorse Station.
Thanks for replies so far

Mominatrix Sun 05-Mar-17 12:43:56

Those locations are not really close.

Kenilworth is close to Trenton, and Whitehorse is closer to Trenton.

For Whitehorse, the Princeton , Lawrenceville and Hamilton areas are great for schools, both private and public.

I am not as familiar with Kenilworth, but not too far away is Red Bank, which does have a very decent school district.

Mominatrix Sun 05-Mar-17 12:44:38

sorry, Kenilworth is closer to Newark!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now