Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Croydon High School

(16 Posts)
lighthouse17 Fri 24-Feb-17 21:21:49

Hi We went to see Croydon high school today for my DD. She is 3 years old and I am looking for a school for her. I really liked Croydon high the best compared to old palace and royal Russell. But the only down side with Croydon high is the location. Anyone is travelling to London after dropping of their daughter there? The bus takes over 30min to get to east Croydon which is not an option. The only other option is to drive to south Croydon and leave the car there but obviously it's not that handy as east Croydon. The location is very important for us as we both full time. So I am gutted that Croydon high is not as convinient as the old palace. Anyone has any thoughts?

Iwantawhippet Sat 25-Feb-17 16:37:37

Park near a tram stop? Addiscombe Hills? Find a childminder who can help - or a sixth former?

Iwantawhippet Sat 25-Feb-17 16:38:25

I know some girls who are thriving there and very happy parents.

Iamastonished Sat 25-Feb-17 16:44:46

Can you park in Addington and get a tram?

Flyingprettycretonnecurtains Sat 25-Feb-17 16:57:38

Hi. Will PM you with suggestions. I find the bus only takes around 15 to 20 mins.

lighthouse17 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:16:02

Hiya is it 20min from Croydon high to east Croydon?

ECR123 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:30:16

They do have a school bus but not sure what the age requirements are?

ECR123 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:31:07

And from a CHS old girl, it's a great school!

Iamastonished Sat 25-Feb-17 17:37:20

"Hiya is it 20min from Croydon high to East Croydon"

I think that is a little optimistic in the rush hour. I lived in Croydon many, many years ago and the queues into Croydon back then were pretty bad.

lighthouse17 Sat 25-Feb-17 17:48:28

Hiya thank you for all the suggestions. I checked and they do have a bus from our area. I will call them on Monday and find out about the age requirements.

Seeline Mon 27-Feb-17 11:29:47

Several parents I know drop and then drive to Sanderstead stations and park there. I don't think the buses are available for the little ones.

lighthouse17 Mon 27-Feb-17 11:46:13

Hiya thank you for your replies. I called the school and they said there is a taxi from our area that takes them to school which is great for us.
I mean I really liked the school from what I have seen. What is your opinion about Croydon High? Also compared to old palace ?

Seeline Mon 27-Feb-17 15:33:48

My DD only started in Y7 so no experience of the Junior School. Very happy with the seniors though. Really didn't like the feel or location of Old Palace - but again that was the senior school.

lighthouse17 Mon 27-Feb-17 16:14:31

Thanks. Yes me too. It really put me off the location of the senior school. Also do you know much about royal Russell?

Seeline Mon 27-Feb-17 16:28:04

I have a friend whose 3 DCs went there - very happy. But again just the senior school. We looked round it and really liked it, but preferred CHS for our DD.

PrincessofPowerShera Wed 04-Oct-17 15:23:01

My friend walked round Croydon High (Junior) last week and is going to their Open Day on Saturday. They apparently have a breakfast club from 7:30am which lots of their working parents use. She was also told they are looking at a 'breakfast bus' from East/South Croydon stations where parents can drop to the staffed minibus at the stations and jump on their train. DDs will be bused into the school where breakfast is waiting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now