Talk

Advanced search

Help ! LVS school / Hurst Lodge or more ?

(6 Posts)
willsmummy1978 Wed 22-Feb-17 10:44:55

Hi there ,
I have ds aged 9 . We live in Chalfont Saint Peter . Ds has mild aspergers and is dyspraxic despite this , he has reading age 12 and comprehension age 11. His main problem is that he has massive social anxiety . He can't cope with crowds , too much noise etc and is very fearful of new situations . It's been a long journey to have him diagnosed and increasingly deeply distressing seeing how anxious he is about school . In a class of 34 in a small classroom it's just too much for him .
DH and I decided he will need to go privately - I've looked at LVS Ascot which I liked - but I'm worried it's too sporty and also worried about the distance from here . I was going to see Hurst Lodge but have heard mixed things . I really want him in co Ed ... Any advice anyone ? I'm at the end of my tether .

Mary21 Wed 22-Feb-17 11:45:36

CLairs court Maidenhead,
If he is very bright and quiky he will find like minded boys at the academic boys schools e.g. MTS, etc.
Might be worth looking at the destinations lists of your local prep schools

willsmummy1978 Wed 22-Feb-17 12:21:10

Hi we are in waiting list for cc but it's all boys ... he's not MTs standard ( I'm a teacher and tutor some of the boys there ) . He's average but as his handwriting is poor due to his dyspraxia , he's often written off .

sazzy5 Wed 22-Feb-17 13:02:07

My friends DS who is as unsporty as a child can be goes to LVS. He does what he has to do and nothing more. He is really happy there and he is also on the spectrum but high functioning.

NotMyUserName1234 Sun 02-Apr-17 18:20:39

My daughter (not sporty) loves LVS. Her class is 12/13. It's a lovely school and very supportive. A number of students have come from being bullied at other local schools and are doing well.

Trefonen Sun 02-Apr-17 18:51:54

Hi have you looked at Shiplake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now