Talk

Advanced search

WORLD BOOK DAY Ideas for 9 year old boy

(8 Posts)
Ulysees Wed 28-Feb-07 14:52:55

I've been so busy house hunting I forgot it's world book day tomorrow

Anyone any ideas for 9 year old boy that'll be easy?

I thought of denis the menace as read that on another thread but isn't that just a comic? Plus don't know if I have right t shirt?

Ulysees Wed 28-Feb-07 14:53:28

He has skater boy cut brown/dark blonde hair and is tall btw. TIA

singersgirl Wed 28-Feb-07 15:02:20

How about Alex Rider? He's just a boy with no distinguishing characteristics apart from gadgets, so find a pen or something that your son can pretend does something amazing.

Ulysees Wed 28-Feb-07 15:06:07

what does he wear? never heard of him?

Ulysees Wed 28-Feb-07 16:13:36

I may go for dracula. He was in a book after all

singersgirl Wed 28-Feb-07 19:58:14

Alex Rider is the hero of those Anthony Horowitz "Stormbreaker" books. Basically he is an ordinary 13 year old (well, young teenager, anyway) who is selected to be trained as a spy. So he just wears ordinary teen clothes, but carries mean gadgets!

crispyduck Wed 28-Feb-07 20:01:18

Dressed son up last year as pinnochio...made him a long nose out of cardboard and then cut up a pair of old jeans and top, also painted his cheeks rosy red..they all had a great day

Theresa Wed 28-Feb-07 20:25:59

Oliver twist? (also I started a thread on this a few weeks ago ando someone suggested puting on ordinary clothes backwards and being 'all of a twist' which i didnt get at first but its actually quite clever!). My daughter is going to be Mrs Pepperpot & son is percy the parkeeper. have made an effort for the first time, previous years have been anightmare and they've always gone as something disney-ish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now