Talk

Advanced search

Schools Week - comment "moderation" and innacuracies

(1 Post)
waterloosunrise Tue 07-Feb-17 16:41:47

I know there are a lot of fans of Schools Week on these threads, and I often like it too, but recently I read an article on there with a headline and lead paragraph that was completely inaccurate. Anyone giving proper attention to the source material for the article would be able to see that the article was just plain wrong. So, I tried to comment on the article to point this out, but my comment was never published - it just appeared to me as "awaiting moderation". I've commented on articles in the past and the same thing has happened. From memory they were pointing out inaccuracies in articles too. Needless to say, I didn't swear or say anything offensive - just pointed out that something was incorrect.

Now that I've started paying attention I've noticed that a lot of the Schools Week articles seem to indicate that a number of comments have been made (according to the little orange number next to the byline), but the comments aren't visible.

Have others had the same experience and does anyone know what their moderation policy is? On the face of it, it looks like they are censoring anyone who disagrees with something that one of their writers has published.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now