Talk

Advanced search

Wanting a document from school regarding attendance.

(6 Posts)
user1485885836 Tue 31-Jan-17 18:23:46

Hi all,

I am looking to send my documents soon because I'm looking to apply for a passport, on one of the requirements listed says to include the children's document of where they are attending school. I have asked at my sons infants school if I can have a document regarding his attendance at this school and that he goes here, they are asking so many questions about this eg. Who is this for, where it's being send etc. I told them it's for the passport and I didn't think its right for them to ask what I need the document for, it's more private so I don't need to say. They said they might not even give it to me if I don't send them a letter requesting this from home office there was no request though!!! ?? I'm only asking for a letter showing attendance of my son, that he goes to this school. Is this right for them to be asking me all this information? Can I do anything about this?

titchy Tue 31-Jan-17 18:41:55

Well it's up to them whether they do it so they can ask why if they want, and ask you to pay for it.

Unless it's a statutory need (I assume it's for a second passport - Irish?) they could just refuse...

Doctors will also provide a letter (puts charges £25) if you want to avoid school.

youarenotkiddingme Tue 31-Jan-17 18:48:42

Surely you have some documentation to show he attends the school and have a attendance log?

TBH I don't know about primaries but I can access all my ds documents online (secondary)

Passmethecrisps Tue 31-Jan-17 18:51:37

I work in a secondary school in Scotland and all requests like this must go through the authority. I am not completely sure why but it is related to people trafficking.

A bit of a pain but the school should be able to at least point you in the right direction

titchy Tue 31-Jan-17 18:58:23

They'll want it on headed paper, a print out of attendance won't be enough.

Leeds2 Tue 31-Jan-17 19:01:28

Is his attendance written down on his reports? Just wondering if that would do instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now