Talk

Advanced search

Private prep schools in SE London

(8 Posts)
kimann Fri 13-Jan-17 18:13:37

Sending my little girl for the 'assessment' at blackheath prep in March. We do like the school very much as it seems a very good 'all-rounder'. I am also very aware that they only accept 1/5 as it's very competitive. Does anyone have any experiences of this school?

TIA smile

CruCru Sat 14-Jan-17 19:08:39

Hi OP

It might be worth asking MN HQ to change the title to something like "SE London - Blackheath prep" so more people who are familiar with the school click on the link.

moviebuff Wed 18-Jan-17 15:43:05

My son is due to attend the assessment at Blackheath Prep in March 2018 so I would love to know what ur experience is like once ur daughter goes through the process. Also wanted to find out from you (if u would like to share) how to go about deciding on the whole schooling system. Any pointers would be highly appreciated. TIA x

fleurdelacourt Fri 20-Jan-17 10:36:20

OP - there are lots of reviews of the school across this site - if you search then you'll get a range of views.

My dc were/are at BP. They have been v happy there largely. The school has strengths across many areas of the curriculum.

Personally the head is not my cup of tea - she's v aloof and brooks no form of criticism. I also don't' like the competitive ethos that permeates every aspect of school life (competitive singing anyone?!!)

But I wouldn't get too hung up on the 3+ entry -there are lots of other prep choices and some v decent primary options locally. If you really are intent on BP then entry after reception is pretty straightforward.

kimann Wed 15-Feb-17 21:59:46

hi! sorry only just seen this message. We are going for the test in about a month so will definitely let you know. A friend of mine's daughter has just been accepted (started in January) so i am meeting her this week so see if she has any tips.

Also had a look at other schools around the area and looking at putting my son's name down (he's 5 months atm)

andsoshesays Mon 27-Mar-17 20:13:41

How did it go?

user1492521358 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:52:46

Hi all, are you able to share your experiences with Blackheath prep please? Thanks!

lizzytee Wed 19-Apr-17 22:30:21

User - search the archives or here is a recent thread.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/education/2760856-Private-schools-in-blackheath-greenwich

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now