Talk

Advanced search

A level option choices

(5 Posts)
ifonly4 Fri 13-Jan-17 10:24:33

DD will definitely take Music (passionate about music and consequently would like to perform, if not instrumental tuition or teach music possibly at secondary. Also, definitely Geography (her back up plan is something to do with the environment/eco - she loves geography and is a strong A* candidate although I appreciate these things are never certain.

Option 3 - She considered English Literature for a long time but is finding this tedious and just wants to read for the love of books. So now considering Biology. Any thoughts on this? She's good at Ethics as well so whether something more thought provoking should be considered I don't know.

catslife Fri 13-Jan-17 11:56:42

A combination of Geography and Biology A levels would be a good one for careers / degrees Environment / Eco Science.
I would suggest looking up which degree courses are available for different A level combinations and use that to help your dd decide which would be the best subject for her.

bojorojo Sat 14-Jan-17 17:37:59

Does she want to go to a conservatoire? Or do a geography/ecology degree? I would have a look at what each entails but the combination is great as far as I can see.

Essexmum69 Sat 14-Jan-17 23:45:51

DD is taking Geography with Biology and Economics. Both seem to go well with different parts of the geography course.

ifonly4 Tue 17-Jan-17 17:19:40

Thanks for your replies. At the moment, providing everything goes to plan with her music and she's still so passionate, then the plan would be to try and get in at a Conservatoire. She's in line for a strong A* in geography and enjoys it, so she will definitely take that. It's just working out what the other option should be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now