Talk

Advanced search

Anyone's DC sit Kingston Grammar 10+ 11+?

(41 Posts)
Ateallthechoccies Wed 11-Jan-17 11:53:27

Got DD to sit it as a practice, she only managed the Maths one, really struggled with the other two.

We are state and had started some DIY prep for reasoning but were planning on knuckling down for Maths & English after this exam, to get a gauge of how realistic it is. Now realise we have work to do!

We wanted her to sit it as a mock but now dying to know how she did as after being very relaxed about the whole thing initially, when the reality of it dawned on her 9 (in the exam room!) dd decided she really wanted to do well. confused

I'm not expecting a phone call but thought I'd see if anyone else is in same position!

NappyValleyMum Wed 11-Jan-17 23:17:33

Exactly same situationas you!

Ateallthechoccies Wed 11-Jan-17 23:42:18

Any idea when we are likely to know re interviews NappyValleyMum? - apparently nearly 400 sat for the 25 places shock

NappyValleyMum Thu 12-Jan-17 06:35:46

My dd said they were told "Mon or Tues". We have heard nothing

M00MINMAMMA Thu 12-Jan-17 10:07:50

Also heard phone calls on Mon/Tues but we haven't heard anything. Although as far as I understand they took ages calling people last year so until I hear about someone actually getting a call I would say it's still possible. Ds didn't finish English or VR either so looks like it will be 11+ for us!

sw15mum Thu 12-Jan-17 16:37:21

I'm not going to ask her again as I'm trying to forget all about it but on the day DD said something about things being marked this week but no definite timescales given. I think they concentrate on 11+ first?
DD was fairly optimistic going in but isn't anymore having seen the numbers involved! I'd been trying to manage expectations anyway so was quite pleased!

M00MINMAMMA Thu 12-Jan-17 19:37:57

kept telling ds (and myself!) it was just a mock but can't help but despite ds not finishing two papers and seeing the numbers a part of me is still kind of hoping!! I think it's fair to assume I will be a nightmare around 11+! confused

nocampinghere Fri 13-Jan-17 09:55:18

if it's any consolation we all feel the same!
anxiously waiting for 11+ letters/calls/emails.

M00MINMAMMA Fri 13-Jan-17 12:47:36

Good luck to your DC nocampinghere and yes it is a consolation! We just did one exam and have another year to try and get it right, can only imagine the pressure at 11+!

Idgiethreadgoode Fri 13-Jan-17 17:36:40

DD has come home saying her friend had a call yesterday for a KGS interview. Anyone else? Worried this might mean a no on the way for us...

sw15mum Fri 13-Jan-17 17:54:04

Was that 10 or 11+? (clutching at straws...)

Idgiethreadgoode Fri 13-Jan-17 18:31:49

11 plus... looking for straws to clutch at here....

M00MINMAMMA Fri 13-Jan-17 18:38:02

Idgiethreadgoode it's horrible but what I've heard is that there can often be a gap between phone calls of days, especially with 11+ as they have so many to get through. We are here for hand holding! flowers

testbunny Sat 14-Jan-17 15:00:57

DS sat 10+ as practise. Felt horribly guilty putting him through it, tbh. He didn't finish the VR paper (didn't realise there was a 2nd page until close to the end!). and missed out a load of maths questions. Question - the format of the answer sheet of the VR threw him. How can we find out which formats of exam papers certain schools use? Thanks!

testbunny Sat 14-Jan-17 15:10:41

Ps. How much detail do they give in terms of feedback in the results letters? Would be good to know the areas to focus on. Assume its only top line?

M00MINMAMMA Sat 14-Jan-17 17:53:52

testbunny my ds was also thrown by VR format - good q re finding out the format pre exam. Most seem to have Maths and English online but no reasoning. Re feedback apparently you have to put a request in and they will give it in the summer term (!)

sw15mum Sat 14-Jan-17 19:39:19

DD also found the VR format tricky- nothing like she'd come across. All good practice for next year!

testbunny Sat 14-Jan-17 21:13:33

Summer?? Brilliant! The VR disaster has def taught me a lesson for 11+ next year ! Good luck to all your DCs.

Ateallthechoccies Tue 17-Jan-17 14:03:53

Aaargh has anyone heard anything yet? I know how badly dd did yet still hoping for that call...

nocampinghere Tue 17-Jan-17 14:06:27

heard re 11+ today

sw15mum Tue 17-Jan-17 14:09:41

Has anyone heard re 10 plus? Do we hear if it's a No or just if it's an interview? Not expecting an interview but would like to get a 'no' rather than all the hanging on!

Ateallthechoccies Tue 17-Jan-17 14:16:39

Hope it was good news for you nocamping!

SW15 we are also waiting to hear re 10+ - I have a horrible feeling they only get in touch if it's an interview and then send reject letters out later :/

Like you would rather know sooner if it's a no then stay in limbo!!

amidawish Tue 17-Jan-17 14:17:11

on an earlier email did you get a link to a webpage with information / key dates (interview dates etc.)

hanappo Tue 17-Jan-17 14:19:11

No yet. We are still waiting for a phone call. My dd said she missed out one of maths questions and 3 or 4 of VR.

Fingers crossed!!

Ateallthechoccies Tue 17-Jan-17 14:20:30

Yes amidawish - they said they were interviewing this Saturday 21st? My friend's ds also sat 11+ and their email said same thing. My friend is also still waiting to hear but I think a number of people have heard re 11+ but I don't know anyone who did 10+ in real world so relying on Mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now