Talk

Advanced search

royal college of music junior department

(4 Posts)
Sheiladerring14 Sun 08-Jan-17 09:41:49

hi everyone,
My 15 year old daughter is applying for royal college of music junior department, has anyone gone through the auditions with their son/daughter or anyone and could tell me hows its like? She is only on grade 5 singing but she does national youth choir and London choir so I'm not sure she is at the standard as I read somewhere their 9 year olds are at grade 5 standard.?

Noitsnotteatimeyet Sun 08-Jan-17 10:23:48

Does she have a second instrument? Singing grades are slightly different as voices need to have a certain level of maturity before tackling the repertoire for the higher grades, however the majority of children applying will have two instruments and a lot of orchestral/ensemble experience. I went there many moons ago and my niece and nephew are there now (my own dc being sadly lacking in musical talent) - it's a fantastic opportunity but hard work!

drummersmum Mon 09-Jan-17 22:25:41

Hi Sheila, check out the music thread, maybe post your question there, lots of good advice on it: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/extra_curricular_activities/2817802-January-Music-Thread

drummersmum Mon 09-Jan-17 22:27:27

Or you may prefer to start your own thread in education / extra-curricular...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now