Talk

Advanced search

Which independent primary school in Birmingham

(6 Posts)
Mercytm Fri 06-Jan-17 01:23:26

I'm looking for opinions as I try to figure out which school will be best for ds who is in reception now.
I am interested in Blue coat, Priory, Hallfield and Westfield.
I would truly appreciate any thoughts on these schools. Thanks

BackforGood Sun 08-Jan-17 23:18:43

I would investigate first if any have places, and that might narrow down your choice.

Mercytm Wed 25-Jan-17 20:05:46

Hallfield and Priory are my options now, any opinions please?

listsandbudgets Thu 26-Jan-17 10:13:55

Don't like hallfield found it very driven and hot House when I looked around. Also have a reputation for weeding out children with learning difficulties early on and ruthless streaming. Priory has advantage of going through to 6th format but don't know much about it except the kids don't behave very well on the bus!!

Assume you have a boy. Take a look at West House. It's small but very friendly with good 11 plus results later on.

It all depends on what your child is like and what you want.

BackforGood Thu 26-Jan-17 20:50:33

Also have a reputation for weeding out children with learning difficulties early on

That seems to apply to all the Private schools though sad

It all depends on what your child is like and what you want

This ^
Some people are actively seeking out things that would put me right off a school (if you read many threads on MN), so, if you say what sort of provision you are after, it might be easier for people to point you in the direction you need smile

Mercytm Thu 26-Jan-17 21:08:40

Thanks everyone for the comments.
My son is a really happy child and he's quite bright so I'm looking for a well balanced environment where he can excel in academics but friendly enough to allow him to learn without too much pressure (he's a June baby so amongst the youngest in his year group.
I hope this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now