Talk

Advanced search

DfE wanted country of birth data to stop schooling children of illegal immigrants

(31 Posts)
noblegiraffe Thu 01-Dec-16 22:38:59

The collection of nationality data was a compromise agreed by the DfE. The Home Office wanted passport checks.

Tweet from Laura Kuenssberg
mobile.twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/804245633926361088

exLtEveDallas Thu 01-Dec-16 22:35:02

Um hold on. How can the collection of the data be to keep children of illegal immigrants out of schools when the information can only be collected when they already have a place

??

TreehouseTales Thu 01-Dec-16 22:29:58

What?!?!?

tribpot Thu 01-Dec-16 22:28:18

I was pretty shocked to find myself agreeing with Nicky Morgan when I read the story this morning.

HardcoreLadyType Thu 01-Dec-16 22:19:20

Good Lord! I can't actually believe I find myself agreeing with Nicky Morgan about anything.

noblegiraffe Thu 01-Dec-16 21:59:17

An apology. When people on here were claiming that schools were collecting nationality data because of some sort of racist purge, I argued that the data was most likely needed for research into effective school interventions.

Apparently the government are in fact, actually, a fucking disgrace. I'm appalled. And to those I disagreed with: I'm sorry, you were right. And I'm sorry you were right.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38165395

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »