Talk

Advanced search

2dc at different primary schools

(9 Posts)
hoping2016 Wed 09-Nov-16 21:38:31

Hello,

Does anyone have this situation? Considering this for my youngest as we have moved house and the local school would suit him better?

The schools are a 10min drive apart, probably have to before school and after school clubs to cover drop off/pick ups.

Anyone done this? What should I consider before going forward......

sofatrainer Fri 11-Nov-16 23:43:04

I'm just coming to the end of 6 years of this and actually have one in secondary too. It worked out that way for various reasons and it has been fine, although a bit of a pain and a bit of a rush at times. I'm looking forward to the end but would do it again

EskSmith Fri 11-Nov-16 23:47:12

How old is your elder child, how long would it be for? Why not consider moving them both?

hoping2016 Sat 12-Nov-16 01:01:29

Hi thanks for your replies great to hear positive stories......my oldest is on waiting list to move however it's only 1 form school very popular so dont get much movement......if a place doesn't arise then potentially 4yrs!

hoping2016 Sat 12-Nov-16 01:03:15

Start times are the same so will need to use preschool club.......after school might be doable 15min gap however have put them down for after school club for now!

christmaswreaths Sat 12-Nov-16 07:23:32

I have also been doing this for 3 years, in our fourth and last one now...and it's been ok..I am looking forward to it being over though. We had 4 kids at 3 different schools one year - that was really hard.

It's all down to getting organised and if it is the best thing for your child then I would do it.

hoping2016 Sun 13-Nov-16 21:05:47

Thank you all for comments....getting bit nervous now it's time for completing the form!

TeenAndTween Mon 14-Nov-16 14:41:33

Is there any flexibility in arrival times at either school?
At our school doors open 8:45 but you can stroll in at 8:55 and not be late.

Once in y4 you may be able to drop elder one early to wait in playground, but hopefully they will be in one school by then.

Ylvamoon Mon 14-Nov-16 14:49:33

I did this for 2 years... it worked out ok. DD was in y5 when DS started in reception. I had a lot of help from other mums at DD school, she could walk home with one of her friends and I would get there about 5 min after. Same for drop off. Didn't need any clubs in the end!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now