Talk

Advanced search

BHASVIC or Vardean College?

(6 Posts)
user1478520304 Mon 07-Nov-16 12:18:25

Hello Mumsnet

Does anyone have children in either Vardean College or BHASVIC in Brighton?

I would be keen to know the strengths and weaknesses or either college to help me help my child decide for a Sept 2017 start. In both cases the plan is to study 3 "traditional" A level academic subjects and go on to University to study History. My child is the youngest in his year but mature for his age. He's very bright, a bit alternative and a questioner. I'm wondering if Vardean is gentler and more nurturing with room to grow socially and emotionally compared to BHASVIC which I see as a bit of a hard core exam factory. Do you concur?

You thoughts/opinions most gratefully received.

Thank you.

CookieDoughKid Wed 16-Nov-16 12:17:11

Are you overseas based or live locally? I have a niece at Vardean who is very happy and she is an international student from Hong Kong. Vardean isnt a traditional high grade academic school but does really well for all ability ranges.

user1478520304 Fri 18-Nov-16 07:29:53

local student.

InfiniteSheldon Fri 18-Nov-16 07:36:47

Varndean is far better BHASVIC isn't really comparable

Chottie Fri 18-Nov-16 07:40:15

I have a DN at BHASVIC, he is very happy there and has done well. He is studying maths / science subjects if that helps.

user1478520304 Sat 19-Nov-16 17:57:07

thank you for your comment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now