Talk

Advanced search

Mathletics

(7 Posts)
irvineoneohone Sun 30-Oct-16 19:28:25

Does anybody/school use it?
Personally I like Manga High, but it doesn't actually have subscription for parent/family.
Mathletics have, and seems reasonable price, but is it any good?
We use free sites like Khan and paid site IXL(which is kind of boring, just testing basics) as well, but also want to have some sort of tailored programme that dc can get on/progress without parental involvement.
Any thought?
TIA

kimlo Sun 30-Oct-16 19:29:58

dd2 has a password but she doesn't really like to go on it.

VikingMama Sun 30-Oct-16 22:32:24

DD prefers ConquerMaths over Mathletics.
She now uses CIMT maths but it's a print out curriculum where as ConquerMaths can be done all online.
Khan is very good but a bit US based.

HPFA Mon 31-Oct-16 06:47:41

DD's primary had Mathletics but I was never keen on it -she spent all her time competing with younger kids on the easy levels rather than challenging herself. We had a subscription to MathsWhizz over one summer which she really enjoyed - and it did make her practice her weaker areas. It is quite expensive though. Her secondary school has MyMaths which I think is great - you get a lesson and homework for each topic. This means I can do the lesson if she needs extra help. The explanations are usually very clear. I don't know if parents can subscribe or if its just a school thing?
Hope that helps.

SavoyCabbage Mon 31-Oct-16 06:57:58

I don't like it. It's clunky to use and the activities are dull.

JustRichmal Mon 31-Oct-16 14:05:51

Dd found Mathletics very tedious compared to Khan Academy, with too much repetition.
You can use Khan Academy as a tailored programme in which they can progress up levels and collect badges.
Hegartymaths is also supposed to be very good and has won awards. It is also UK based. And is free. I think it starts at secondary level though.

irvineoneohone Mon 31-Oct-16 14:20:41

Thank you. Sounds like it isn't very good.

I'll have a look at conquermaths and Haegartymaths.
Thanks for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now