Talk

Advanced search

Trip

(8 Posts)
Anon24 Wed 05-Oct-16 08:44:55

Morning all
Last night my lb come home from school with a letter -

On Friday 7th October, year 1 have been invited to visit 'a local primary school' for the morning. We are going to visit the 'local schools' year 1 class to look at their learning environment and see how it is similar to, and different from ours.
With your permission staff will be transporting the children to and from.

I have never heard of primary schools visiting another and with staff transporting?..
What are your thoughts on this? Is it 'normal'?
Tia 

TrollTheRespawnJeremy Wed 05-Oct-16 20:55:16

That does sound weird. Unless it's maybe a school for SEN or foreign languages or something outwith their usual remit. I'd be asking a few questions.

Anon24 Wed 05-Oct-16 20:59:32

None of the above! Two completely separate 'normal' primary schools within 5 miles of each other.
They are now asking for us to send car seats with children on Friday morning to enable staff to transport children...

OdinsLoveChild Sun 09-Oct-16 11:01:48

Did you find out what it was all about?

Are they an academy school or will they be joining an academy chain and the other primary is part of that chain?

TheTyrannyOfMAGENTA Sun 09-Oct-16 11:15:50

Sounds strange!

Blu Sun 09-Oct-16 14:00:39

Sounds quite interesting!

JoJoSM2 Sun 09-Oct-16 18:17:52

Thats the first I've ever heard of that happening is find it slightly suspicious... I'm sure you'll find out what it's all about soon enough.

smellyboot Mon 10-Oct-16 07:12:45

Never heard of that' - how will they all fit in a yr1 classroom??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now