We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The queue outside Skoolkit!

(5 Posts)
Draylon Sat 03-Sep-16 14:43:14

Smiled kindly on the two days I walked through Eastleigh to see the 25 person queue, many being The Child for whom the clothing is being bought, snaking outside the Skoolkit shop grin one out/one in style - and pondered how many years to took for me to remember to buy September's school clothes in early July!

The thing I always messed up was school trousers. You head into M&S or JL right now and they'll have 3 pairs, one in a age 7, one a 14/long, and one pair of shorts. So you have to guess the size and fit, and order in. And send your DS to school with trousers halfway up his legs til they arrive...

Thankfully we're just entering our final year of school uniform, and DS2 will wear DS1's hand-me-down Y11 specific uniform.

BikeRunSki Sat 03-Sep-16 14:45:12

If I buy DS's school uniform before the middle of August, he's grown out of it by the start of term.

Draylon Sun 04-Sep-16 08:50:22

Er- so why not buy it a bit bigger?

I mean, I get that it's totally up to each individual if they choose to stand outside Skoolkit for 2 hours but I suspect the majority are there, like I might once have been, due to 'last-minute panic', not carefully considered planning grin

CremeBrulee Sun 04-Sep-16 08:54:44

Yep, I learned to buy school shirts & trousers early or suffer the consequences too. Now I always stock up for September as the summer term ends which happens to coincide with M&S's 20% off school wear offer, so I'm happy & smug.

BikeRunSki Sun 04-Sep-16 10:48:57

Draylon That is when I buy it bigger. Last summer holidays he finished school in size 13.5 shoes and age 6 trousers. They were worn out, but not obviously too small. He went back in size 2 and age 8 trousers. This year is similar but slightly less extreme. I don't quite leave it last minute, but buying earless a waste of time, he always shoots up in the summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now