Primary school in Cambridge

(13 Posts)
XNdang Thu 01-Sep-16 10:14:31

Hello,

Who know the best primary school in Cambridge? I'll go to there with my family and need to find a school for my 5-year daughter. Thanks with the best regards.

Draylon Thu 01-Sep-16 22:05:16

State or private? Does that matter?

00100001 Thu 01-Sep-16 22:07:50

Queen Edith is good

BatmanLovesMarmite Thu 01-Sep-16 22:11:53

Queen Edith.

Newnham Croft.

Both of which you will have to live very very close to.

XNdang Fri 02-Sep-16 13:12:04

State is preferred. Thanks a lot.

XNdang Fri 02-Sep-16 13:43:19

Is Queen Edith stated or private? And Newnham Croft?
One of my friends advised St. Mathew, how about it?
What else can you suggest?

Many thanks.

PatriciaHolm Fri 02-Sep-16 13:49:13

Queen Edith and newnham croft are both state.

If your child is already 5, then you are looking for an in-year admission for year 1; so realistically you will have very little choice; most if not all Cambridge state schools will be full. Cambridgeshire county council will be able to advise on which schools have places. They will have to find you somewhere once you are resident, but it may not be in a school of your choice. You can go on waiting lists for other schools though.

OrianaBanana Fri 02-Sep-16 13:50:44

Is it Cambridge itself or one of the surrounding villages you'd be looking at?

Ofsted reports can give you a good idea too.

OrianaBanana Fri 02-Sep-16 13:51:41

Agree with Patricia though, it's likely you'll not have much choice of it's an in-year application.

XNdang Fri 02-Sep-16 14:31:55

Thank all of your kind advices. Yes, it's late for applying the school but we have no choice because we didn't decided to go to Cambridge till last month. I will start to apply it, hope I'll be lucky to get any one of what you advised. smile

Pigeonpost Fri 02-Sep-16 14:36:40

Schools in Cambridge are mostly very over-subscribed and very restricted to catchment areas so prepare to be disappointed. So it rather depends where you are going to be living. In fact I'm not sure you'll even be able to apply without an address to put down for where you will be living.

OrianaBanana Fri 02-Sep-16 14:53:01

We couldn't apply until we'd exchanged contracts on our house - I am guessing if you are renting they will need the formal tenancy agreement before placing your DD.

XNdang Mon 05-Sep-16 06:28:46

Well noted, very helpful for me, thank you for all. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now