Talk

Advanced search

Is there anyone who knows about BTec Level 2s who can answer a question for me?

(5 Posts)
BertrandRussell Mon 29-Aug-16 12:38:35

I've tried to find the answer on the Pearson website but it seems to need Windows to work properly and I'm an Apple woman.

On ds's results sheet, after his BTec Sport it says Points 58. Does this mean UMS points? Or what?

user1471426611 Mon 29-Aug-16 15:41:11

Hi the Btec points score refers to the points awarded for each unit. It is quite complicated! 58 points means he achieved a Pass overall. Each unit completed is awarded a number of points Distinction 8, Merit 6, Pass 4 level 1 2 and ungraded 0. This number is then multiplied according to the number of guided learning hours for that unit. Eg if 30 GLH then multiply by 3. So to give an example if X got a Merit in unit 2 which was 30 GLH it would be 6 x 3 = 18. If you add up this for all units together you get the total points.

Overall distinction * = 90, distinction = 84, merit = 66, pass = 48, level 1 =24

Hope this makes sense!

BertrandRussell Mon 29-Aug-16 18:06:53

Now that makes it even weirder- he got a Distinction* overall......

What am I missing?

BertrandRussell Mon 29-Aug-16 18:07:17

Sorry- forgot to say than you very much for replying!

Poundpup Mon 29-Aug-16 19:37:10

Hello BertandRussell,

The results sheet shows the results in points and not the actual raw score or the UMS. Therefore:

A*=58
A=52
B=46
C=40

or in your sons case the 58 relates to a distinction. Congrats!

You can find out the raw score by contacting the examinations officer at your son's school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now