Talk

Advanced search

Hampshire - Daneshill vs Sherfield vs Brockhurst

(3 Posts)
agentace Tue 24-May-16 19:29:30

Hi
We are relocating back to the UK from China, have a very speedy 4 days to look for a school and house this week! I've visited the three schools in our new area which have places for DS (8) and DD (6) which are Brockhurst/Marlston, Sherfield and Daneshill. The latter two have more property rental options for us, there isn't a lot going up towards Brockhurst/Marlston. Does anyone have feedback on any of the schools. Sherfield is current favourite, but they all seemed great so it's a tricky decision.
Many thanks in advance
Sam

littlecupcake Sun 29-May-16 23:42:29

I used to teach at Sherfield and still have teacher friends there. Lovely school, super grounds but a warm, friendly ethos - not stuffy as I imagine some independents could be. Good luck wherever you decide!

LongChalk Tue 31-May-16 17:43:58

I didn't like Sherfield at all. I'm not sure what it was. There was a lot of veneer and it was a bit corporate. I wasn't keen on the fact it was a for profit company. I felt it was catering to a specific type of parent and that wasn't us. We opted for St Neots in Eversley which gave us the opposite vibe. Visited Daneshill too. Nice school but I was put off when the HT asked DH what his golf handicap was. DH is a good golfer as it happens but I didn't want 'that' sort of school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now