Talk

Advanced search

Kensington Prep

(4 Posts)
payalpandey Fri 20-May-16 12:28:58

Hi All. My DD has just been offered a place at Kensington Prep for September. We do not currently live in London but need to move over the summer. It's no surprise but the property prices in the Fulham/Putney area is shocking to say the least. Any advice on areas nearby (within the Parsons Green vicinity) which are decent but may be slightly more affordable? We are happy to move out a bit.

Many thanks

jeanne16 Fri 20-May-16 19:14:08

I am slightly puzzled as to why you applied to Kensington Prep without living nearby. It is in one of the most expensive parts of London.

I would look further out on the District Line, such as Southfields, which is slightly more affordable,

payalpandey Fri 20-May-16 19:34:31

Hi Jeanne16. I know its sounds strange but its complicated. Our son is starting at Westminster this September and we wanted to move somewhere in London from where he could commute and at the same time find a good school for our DD and therefore chose KP for her (as it has fantastic reviews). Thanks for your advice.

ameliesfabulousdestiny1 Fri 20-May-16 19:40:43

Fulham isn't all equally expensive, but depending on where you live now, you might need to be open to downsizing. You could look at the roads off Munster Road, or west of Fulham Palace Road (next to the river towards Hammersmith), or north towards West Kensington / West Brompton? And then there's Wimbledon or Chiswick if you can put up with a longer commute.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now