Talk

Advanced search

How well do children at Belmont - Mill Hill do?

(4 Posts)
ChubbyPanda Mon 16-May-16 11:27:35

hello, I wonder if anyone can offer an insight into how academic Belmont, Mill Hill really is? I've read past threads on this topic but i can't get a feel of how it does nationally. I know that it's usually a fall back option for children who do not get into their 1st choice and i get academically it will never compete with the likes of Highgate, HABS, UCS etc, but in comparisons to other preps around the area and state schools, is it on par, or much better? If Belmont children sat KS2 exams what level would the average child achieve? Thanks!

ChubbyPanda Thu 01-Sep-16 12:56:37

Anyone?

LottieDoubtie Thu 01-Sep-16 13:00:18

That's awfully specific information that you want and I'm not sure anyone (except maybe the registra- and he's got rather a vested interest!) can answer that question!

FanDabbyFloozy Thu 01-Sep-16 13:04:28

I think Belmont is not academic in the traditional sense because it doesn't have to be - most kids stay on until 18 (Mill Hill) so there is no mad panic to cram in topics before exams. Nor is there widespread tutoring which is another good thing.

I think this is a good thing in general; kids are happy, parents are happy..

I would say that the people I know who want Belmont at 11 do not see it as 2nd choice or a backup, it's their #1 choice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now