Nottinghamshire Prep School?

(6 Posts)
Flower30 Tue 10-May-16 19:26:35

My husband and I are moving back to the UK from the US this summer and for family support reasons, we're looking to move to Nottinghamshire. This is likely to be a medium term plan for around 3 years or so.

I'm looking for a Prep / junior school for my DS (3). Any recommendations? I know that NHS / NHSG has a good academic record for senior school, but how about the junior school? Long term we're planning on CE entry to somewhere like Oakham, Uppingham, Rugby etc. As we are only likely to be in Notts for 3 years or so, so my priority is to make sure that this first school would set him up for entry into a competitive prep school in the home counties / London in a few years.

Grateful for any recommendations!

Snowberry86 Tue 10-May-16 19:29:49

Nottinghamshire is a pretty big county. Any idea of which area you will be in?

Flower30 Tue 10-May-16 19:33:01

We're flexible, depending on schools. Likely Ravesnhead / Papplewick or West Bridgford. Would love recommendations on nice places to live too!

Flower30 Tue 10-May-16 19:33:43

Sorry, Ravenshead!

cricketnut77 Wed 11-May-16 10:17:52

Salterford house is close and is a good small school. The two state primaries in ravenshead are very good though. Other than that there is the high school in the middle of Nottingham or worksop colleges prep which is a 20 miles away. That's it

marialuisa Wed 11-May-16 12:16:27

If you're looking at West Bridgford then Fairfield Prep, part of the Loughborough Endowed Schools would be accessible. You could also consider The Elms, Trent College's prep. Alternatively if heading a bit further west is an option you have Repton and its prep, Foremarke Hall, just outside Derby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now