Advanced search

Getting GCSEs as an adult

(4 Posts)
PetraDelphiki Sat 16-Apr-16 19:32:31

Hi all

I have a friend staying with me from another country. She is 22, very bright but has pretty much nothing in the way of qualifications (long boring story). I'd like to help her start getting some UK qualifications, but I have no idea where to look for courses...any thoughts? She is a British passport holder if that helps?

MayhemandMadness Sat 16-Apr-16 19:36:35

Try your local college or adult education centre.

LIZS Mon 18-Apr-16 16:13:12

How long has she lived in UK? Gcse in English and Maths, or level 2 equivalent, are free to adults but she has to meet the residency criteria (3 years iirc) . Try your local fe college as a starting point. Even if she can't get it free she can probably pay a fee.

PetraDelphiki Mon 18-Apr-16 18:55:23

Not long enough for free! Happy to help her pay just need to find out where to go!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now