Primary vs prep schools In Chelmsford

(4 Posts)
BuntyCalls Tue 12-Apr-16 05:54:05

Hi

I'm hoping to get some advice from any of you who are living / have lived in Chelmsford regarding schools.

We have been abroad for 8 years and are looking to come back over the summer with our 3 young children (who were all born here and have never been at school in the UK) We're very late in the day when it comes to looking at schools and I know most places will be filled now so we're wondering whether it would be better to opt for a prep school.

My question is - which schools in Chelmsford are considered to be the good ones (state and private). Most are rated "Good" on Ofsted but that doesn't always mean much, I'm told. I am planning to come back for a couple of days to have a look at some schools so would like a short list if possible.

Thanks very much!

ChalkHearts Tue 12-Apr-16 06:10:24

This link www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/group.pl?qtype=GR&f=tzdXneOdlf&superview=pri&view=aat&set=1&sort=l.schname&ord=asc&tab=1&no=998&pg=1 tells you quite a lot about all the state schools. Almost all of them look fine.

BuntyCalls Tue 12-Apr-16 13:41:59

Thank you! I'll take a look now

MrsBartlet Thu 14-Apr-16 21:31:54

My dc went to primary in Chelmsford (Barnes Farm) which was rated outstanding. Both did well and went on to the grammar schools (although dd is now at university so it was a while ago!) Having said that, I think a lot of education comes down to what you do with them at home ( not meaning to do down what happens in school but children are at home more than they are at school).

I have family at Newlands Spring which also seems to be good. To be honest most schools in Chelmsford are good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now