Talk

Advanced search

family move to Aberdeen

(3 Posts)
nulaz Tue 22-Mar-16 21:59:56

Hi Everyone

I have just joined this website.I am considering the big move to Aberdeen from Ireland. I have been accepted as a mature student for Adult Nursing in Robert Gordon University. There is so much I need to find out especially as far as my concern is my two daughters one is age 8 yrs and the other is 13 yrs old. We now live in a lovely village in Ireland so they move will be a big change for the whole family. I am trying to locate good schools for both of the girls. I'm not even sure if I will want to live in the city or outside maybe some of you would be kind enough to give me some information. I am also thinking of after school care for the girls if I have classes and cant be home to pick them up from school and also I will have placement later on in year. Do any schools provide afterschool care for their age? What is the fees for schools what does this include or is it free education. I would be very grateful of any information you could give to my family. !!!!

prettybird Wed 23-Mar-16 08:57:44

You'd be better posting in the Scotsnet topic: you're more likely to get local knowledge there.

I don't really know Aberdeen but I have a friend who lives in Auchenblae (near Laurencekirk, South of Aberdeen) and it's a lovely wee village. She was also happy with the schooling for her ds and dd (both now in their teens). Don't know the name of the schools except that they were just the local state schools.

nulaz Wed 23-Mar-16 09:46:51

Hi

Thank you for he information. I will post on that website and see if i can get some information. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. 😀

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now