Talk

Advanced search

Year 6 Parents Evening - what should I be asking?

(4 Posts)
ukgirlatheart Mon 14-Mar-16 14:10:58

ok parents evening today - year 6 ~DS what should I be asking about?
already had the SAT's meeting and know what's happening there

Matildatoldsuchdreadfullies Mon 14-Mar-16 14:15:14

How do you think your ds is going to cope with the transition to secondary school? Is this something that you might wish to discuss? Otherwise, if you're happy with the SATs side of things, I'd probably just check that he generally seems happy at school.

bojorojo Mon 14-Mar-16 15:03:31

What progress has he made this year? Is there anything he could do with improving? How can you help with that? What attainment should he achieve if he continues to progress at this rate? If he has slowed in progress, why? Is the school happy with his progress in the new areas of the national curriculum. The Maths is harder and so is the English. How are the school teaching this? Is he being challenged? What has he achieved in other subjects and PE? What personal attributes could he work on? Is he confident? If not, how can you help?

Most children are happy at school. Ask about any other concerns you have.

Transition to secondary is difficult to put in place in a primary school but the senior schools have 1 or 2 day inductions for new pupils and the feeder primaries do work with them on transition arrangements. It is up to you to make sure your child is ready for senior school and is organised each day.

Leeds2 Mon 14-Mar-16 17:50:22

Is there anything the teacher thinks DS could work on to make the transition to secondary school easier?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now