No OFSED or ISI report for a school!?

(10 Posts)
BlueSmarties76 Sun 24-Jan-16 01:17:31

I'm looking for an inspection report for a specific school (don't want to name it for fear of outing myself) but it is an independent Prep school with no EYFS and I can't find a recent one! In fact, the ONLY one I can find is an OFSTED from 2009 graded Outstanding. Nothing since - no more OFSETD, no ISI, no other organisations that I can find.

I thought all schools had to be inspected at least every 5 years?

Why is this and how do I find a report of there is one that I've missed?

PettsWoodParadise Sun 24-Jan-16 03:32:09

Is there an interim report since? Sometimes they do a mini visit to schools without problems and then if no concerns in that visit postpone the need for another full inspection.

BlueSmarties76 Sun 24-Jan-16 04:31:58

No, no interim report either. Strange?

RalphSteadmansEye Sun 24-Jan-16 14:35:23

Changed name/merged?

Sometimes it looks like there are no reports if so.

GinandJag Sun 24-Jan-16 16:13:04

Good/Outstaning independent schools are supposed to have ISI inspections every six years. If they were OFSTED inspected six years ago, then perhaps they are due an ISI inspection imminently, or an inspection by a different inspection body. Ask the school.

happygardening Sun 24-Jan-16 17:00:28

You could ask the school if they've had one done recently or is one due?

Hulababy Sun 24-Jan-16 17:21:57

Is the school part of an association or not?

If not, then according to OFSTED:
All non-association independent schools will have a ‘standard inspection’ within 3 years from September 2015.

So, they may well just be due one but it has not yet happened - could be any time up to 2018 I guess.

If it is an association school then ISI inspections cover them. See here if it is: www.isc.co.uk/schools/ Can by 6 years between inspections for those meeting the DFE standards - so again, probably due one any time now.

BlueSmarties76 Sun 24-Jan-16 20:08:44

Name of school has never changed.

It is NOT an ISC member. They have never had an ISI inspection.

It is possible they have had an inspection (if they need to be every 6 years it would have occurred at the end of last year) but maybe it's just not been published yet?

I might just have to phone the school and ask.

PettsWoodParadise Sun 24-Jan-16 20:43:22

A school DD is attending from September (most likely) has not had a name change but it has had a status change from maintained grammar to academy grammar and thus its school ID changed and the page where it's reports are on the OfSted website also changed. There are ineffect two schools of the identical name but one ceased, the other commenced at the demise of the earlier iteration of the school. I suspect from the sounds of your research you've already ruled this out but mention it just in case.

GinandJag Sun 24-Jan-16 21:23:37

There are other inspection bodies, such as the School Inspection Service.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now