Talk

Advanced search

Please Help! 10+ interview in City Of London for Boys-2016

(7 Posts)
ryanyapa Thu 21-Jan-16 20:10:05

Please Help ! we have received a letter inviting my by for 10+ interview on Friday 29th . What can we expect?
Has anyone got previous experience?

Iris2016 Fri 22-Jan-16 12:21:31

Hi! We are having an interview on Thursday!
Does your letter say " extremely well " and "congratulation!"

ryanyapa Fri 22-Jan-16 13:21:04

Congratulation for your boy! ! Yes it does say.. 😊

MN164 Fri 22-Jan-16 13:27:25

Our lad did the 10+ 2 years ago. He said that the interview was a bit rushed, mostly because the teachers had such a long list of boys to get through and a not much time or enthusiasm to engage with each of them. They seemed to be reading a standard set of questions and marking as they went. There were some English and Maths questions and a bit of general stuff (sorry for vaguery but this is as much as a 10 year old would recount to me!). No prep required. If you pass the exam you have done all the prep you need for that.

He went in relaxed and not feeling that the interview was the most important thing in the world - just a chat.

Maybe get your son to think about 2 things he really liked about the school to talk about (sport fields, science labs, the river view). I would council him not to say he wants to come City at year 6 so he can leave his current school early.

He was offered a place for City year 6 but in the end, he chose the other school for a number of reasons, but also because the interview with the head there was more interactive and engaging.

GOOD LUCK and relax ....

Iris2016 Wed 03-Feb-16 19:12:31

Hi! Have you received results yet?
We have not.

ryanyapa Wed 03-Feb-16 20:51:00

No we haven't ... Still waiting smile

Ilovemykids33 Thu 19-Jan-17 19:13:47

How did your DS do? We have interview next week.. any tips? Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now