Parent Govenor application -75 word résumé.

(9 Posts)
WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 20-Jan-16 19:58:50

Ive written 100 words. How strict do they apply the "no more than 75 words" rule. I guess they don't want pages and pages but I don't want to be disqualified if ive written too much. Ive barely been able to put anything as it is!

I'm sure when ive seen previous ones come back from school they've been way more than 75 words, sort of been nearly an a4 page!

So I will be hacked off if ive written 100 but others have written a page!

PrimeDirective Wed 20-Jan-16 20:20:34

I would expect them to cut you off at 75 words so I would not exceed it.
Even if they allowed 10%, 100 is still far too many.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Wed 20-Jan-16 21:10:38

Thanks, will have to try and shorten it.

Ladymuck Wed 20-Jan-16 21:42:53

There isn't a standard "rule" - perhaps it is worth asking whoever is collecting the forms. Some parents are put off from applying if the process is too difficult. But a good GB should always consider all applications from parents in case they want to co-opt someone anyway.

neolara Thu 21-Jan-16 21:48:05

75 words is ridiculously little. It will be very difficult for people to make a decision on the suitability of candidates on that limited info if it goes to a vote.

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Thu 21-Jan-16 22:33:50

Ive asked a current Govenor and he reckons the rule is adhered to. Ive written something now that's 73 words but you're right it says very little about me.

senua Fri 22-Jan-16 09:43:42

It isn't your résumé that will get you elected. It is being already known as a character at the school gate or as a do-gooder (TA, charity fundraiser, extra-curricular organiser) around the school that will swing it.

FairyDustDreamer Fri 22-Jan-16 13:00:09

Do gooder if you are a TA?!
All your list senua seems to apply to primary rather than secondary I think.

ChippyMinton Fri 22-Jan-16 17:51:04

My advice would be to focus on what skills and experience you can bring to the school and governing body plus a brief mention of your DC and time associated with the school. It shouldn't read like your CV.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now