Talk

Advanced search

Which distance learning provider?

(8 Posts)
savasana Mon 11-Jan-16 10:42:24

I'm looking to take a GCSE in Maths to bring my grade up to a B before applying for a University course next year, are all distance learning providers created equal or are some better than others? There are so many... I don't like all this choice!

TheGoodEnoughWife Mon 11-Jan-16 10:48:50

What about buying a book and using something free like Khan Academy and then sitting the exam as an external student at a local school or college?
Cheapest option

savasana Mon 11-Jan-16 10:54:37

Oooh interesting, that hadn't occurred to me. Thanks I'll investigate that option...

TheGoodEnoughWife Mon 11-Jan-16 11:10:01

The closing date for this summers exam is the 14th Feb I think so you would need to book your exam in by then if you wanted to do it this year. Where are you? If you are in Kent I could recommend a centre :-)

If you take it this summer then you can resist in Nov if you didn't get your desired result

TheGoodEnoughWife Mon 11-Jan-16 11:10:07

The closing date for this summers exam is the 14th Feb I think so you would need to book your exam in by then if you wanted to do it this year. Where are you? If you are in Kent I could recommend a centre :-)

If you take it this summer then you can resist in Nov if you didn't get your desired result

savasana Mon 11-Jan-16 11:12:20

I'm looking to get onto the University course 2017 so I've got a bit of time yet. I'm in the Midlands, bit far from Kent but thank you anyway!

TheGoodEnoughWife Mon 11-Jan-16 12:19:32

Ideal to take it this year really as Maths GCSE is all changing.

savasana Mon 11-Jan-16 13:45:02

Oh really? I'll Google... Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now