Talk

Advanced search

Breakfast Clubs at school/nursery

(9 Posts)
Lawwhu Mon 07-Dec-15 22:05:43

Hiya,

My name is Laura and I am doing an independent study on childrens breakfast habits to hopefully get me through college and on to uni where I hope to do Early Childhood Studies and then if im brainy enough go on to Primary Education Teaching!

If you have children in a school or nursery setting would you please take the time to fill out this short survery for me so I have some primary sourced evidence for my study. (There's only 10 really quick questions, just click on the link below)

www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/D3CC7J8

Many thanks in advance, I really appreciate your input.

Laura

(I hope this post is allowed I'm sorry if it's not, just remove it)

BackforGood Wed 09-Dec-15 00:13:05

Can I ask - when you say 'how many days do they have breakfast?' do you mean anywhere, or do you mean in breakfast club?

Same with 'what do they eat?' - in breakfast club, or any day?

(I thought I'd wait for the answers before reading any of the other questions. It's just you say the survey is about breakfast clubs but then offer option of 5 - 7 day, which made me wonder if you meant 'do they eat breakfast every day?' rather than 'how many days are they in breakfast club?'

balletgirlmum Wed 09-Dec-15 00:19:43

I would revise your ideas of which cereals are "healthy & unhealthy".

mouldycheesefan Fri 11-Dec-15 14:00:40

Special K And muesli Are full of sugar! Not healthy!

DeltaZeta Fri 11-Dec-15 14:09:36

I have one child in nursery and one child at school who attends breakfast club 3 days a week.

Your survey has no option for this scenario.

Also, it is not clear in Q3 whether you are asking what child eats at home or what they eat at nursery/school. If the latter, then I have no idea! Both nursery and breakfast club allow children to choose from a selection including fruit, porridge, toast and cereals. So I don't know exactly what they eat every day.

SummerNights1986 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:14:21

I have two dc, who come in two different age groups. I answered the survey for the youngest dc but then there was no option to answer it again for the oldest.

Also - there's not only one reason they use breakfast club. Sometimes it's for childcare reasons, because we need to get to work. Sometimes they just ask to go - it's probably 50/50 so it would be good if you could choose more than one option on that q.

NickNacks Fri 11-Dec-15 21:33:30

My child is 5 and it was ambiguous as to what category I should tick for this.

BackforGood Fri 11-Dec-15 22:49:44

Hmm. I think you need to take on board these issues and start again with your survey, if it's going to be useful for your course.

Allice Sun 13-Dec-15 18:01:50

I work at a breakfast club, happy to help with specific questions if you have any.
Ours is all toast, Frosties, weetabix and rice crispies.
With specials most days, cheese on toast, croissants, pan au raisin and beans on different days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now