Talk

Advanced search

BBC Muzzy Language course

(11 Posts)
domesticslobess Mon 20-Nov-06 14:58:24

Are the Muzzy language course sets worth the money?

notagrannyyet Mon 20-Nov-06 15:52:05

IMO No . I bought Muzzy 1&2 and was very unimpressed. The speech isn't very clear. My youngest 2 watched it and seemed to enjoy it at the time but it only came out of the box 4/5 times.

orangecake Mon 20-Nov-06 16:24:14

I would second that i'm afraid...

The audio quality is quite poor and the cartoon on the DVD isn't particularly sophisticated either (we brought the French one)

Waste of money IMO [cross]

HeadlessHorsewoman Mon 20-Nov-06 16:49:33

I would also say no. Bought DD1 the Spanish version (after much nagging from her and many PROMISES that she would learn from it.) Agree that the audio quality is just not good enough. Muzzy's voice is a bit 'burbled' and not clear enough to comprehend the new language it is trying to communicate. Disappointed.

domesticslobess Wed 22-Nov-06 12:37:21

Thanks for the advice-doesn't sound as if it justifies the enormous price-tag-even on eBay. Another item to cross off my am I depriving my children list?.....

lambchop2 Wed 22-Nov-06 14:12:21

my 2 dd;s love it - the french version. We have the cd of songs in the car which are catchier than bloody nursery rhymes again! and they ask to watch the dvd at home all the time. No. 1 dd aged 5 is often dropping french words into conversation, little one age 2.5 loves the characters too. It has been worth it for us

annasmami Mon 12-Feb-07 11:41:52

We have just 'tried out' the German and French muzzy programmes level 1 and 2. They are definately NOT worth the money that they cost... You get 2 dvds (whose sound quality is pretty awful), a cd (basically the dvds with no pictures) and a cd rom.

If you want to expose your children to foreign lanugages, you are better off buying foreign language dvds and cds. We are raising our children bilingually (one parent one language) so are always on the lookout for interesting and fun resources to help them with their languages.

Cappuccino Mon 12-Feb-07 11:44:03

the cartoons on the dvd are a bit ropey really

we borrowed them from the library cos dd1 was interested

but after watching a huge hairy thing and a king shouting she soon wandered off

damewashalot Mon 12-Feb-07 11:47:09

Have to say mine love it.

Hideehi Mon 12-Feb-07 12:01:49

We loved ours, mine speak both French and Spanish as a result.

FluffyMummy123 Sat 26-Jul-08 21:29:19

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now