Talk

Advanced search

PE Problems (aadvice needed)

(4 Posts)
siobhanm1 Sun 05-Jul-15 17:55:37

Recently my DD has been dreading going to school, which is strange as she usually loves going to see her friends everyday. A few days ago she told me she does not want to go to school because she does not like PE. I already knew she does not like it, but recently it has her so down and depressed that I am struggling to get her out of the door every morning. Has anyone got any advice?
Thank you

RainbowFlutterby Sun 05-Jul-15 17:57:13

How old is she? If she really hates it I would probably make an appointment to see the teacher to get the bottom of it.

LIZS Sun 05-Jul-15 17:59:30

Surely it is only once or twice a week. Has she said what activity she dislikes, if it is the changing clothes or what the issue may be?

insanityscatching Sun 05-Jul-15 18:09:48

Dd doesn't particularly like PE either so there have been adjustments made. She misses one lesson completely and completes homework with her TA in the library instead. For the second lesson she has extra time to change (she is very slow), an alternative place to change (she hates the changing rooms) and she doesn't do the competitive sports (so she does dance, gymnastics, zumba, spinning, rowing etc)
As she gets further up the school she may well lose the second lesson to complete the extra homework but for now we are persevering because I think it's important that she does some PE.
I think you need to find out what she doesn't like and then speak to the school to come up with a plan to make PE easier for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now