Talk

Advanced search

Our Lady of Sion (senior school) Worthing?

(4 Posts)
inthename Mon 29-Jun-15 21:13:01

Does anyone have personal experience of this school please

LIZS Mon 29-Jun-15 21:18:59

Not recent I'm afraid but my friend went there when it was a girls' convent (30 odd years ago!) so not sure when it first went coed. Not a particularly academic reputation. Whereabouts is your search area and criteria?

inthename Mon 29-Jun-15 21:25:43

no search area or criteria! have offered a yr 9 place after entrance exams

Mutteroo Thu 02-Jul-15 03:00:13

I know of two boys who went to Sion. One started half way through year 9 after being bullied at his state school; the other began there in year 9 after finishing at his prep school, (declined a place at Lancing College). The first boy is now one very grown up man who recently completed a degree at a top university. He felt extremely well prepared, gained a batch of A*-A GCSEs and 4 A grade A levels and enjoyed his time there. The sixth form was extremely small which suited him. This will not be everyone's cup of tea and it wasnt mine. He was offered a free place for sixth form when normally this is only offered for pupils who have attended from year 7. The second boy left after his GCSEs. He suffered with health issues and the school was very supportive during the time he was there. I cannot think of any derogatory comments my friends made about the school?

We didn't look at Sion because it was awkward to get to plus the pupil numbers put us off. As this was a few years ago, the cohort may be different now. The fees were relatively low and the male/female mix looked good. There are some good state senior schools in Worthing and I would suggest looking at these first before jumping at the independent option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now