Talk

Advanced search

What to write to teacher thanking for a great school year (want headmaster to see)

(7 Posts)
clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 24-Jun-15 11:23:32

I have to return the school report slip to say we have received it, there is also a bit for us to comment - the head will see it.

DD has had a great year and the teacher has been immense in encouraging and bringing the best out in her want to word a thankyou but cant get my head roudn what to put

I know the head sees them

MrsEvadneCake Wed 24-Jun-15 11:26:31

What you've written there is good! Can you add a specific thing that's helped...

X did a lot of praise which has raised DD confidence

For example.

noblegiraffe Wed 24-Jun-15 11:35:15

Can you be specific? Teachers have performance management tick boxes that they have to provide evidence for so if you could give examples of specific interventions which have resulted in your child participating in a play or a sport, or making excellent progress in maths or writing, then this would be useful as well as nice thing to read.

clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 24-Jun-15 11:45:17

ah yes great idea...she has improved her writing and presentation as this teacher has encouraged rather than shouted at - the teacher last year was very mean to her and kept shouting at her in class which made her very unhappy

rainbowjoy Wed 24-Jun-15 11:53:27

I know its a teachers job but a word of thanks goes along way. It sounds like she had a great teacher which can make all the difference. I've E mailed three of my DS teachers to say thanks for their hard word and how his end of year exam results have improved upon last year. They have all taken the time to answer back, that's in year 9

ItsNotAsPerfectAsItSeems Wed 24-Jun-15 11:53:42

How about something like:

I'd just like to say a huge thank you for everything you have done this year for DD. You have nurtured and encouraged her whilst at the same time making sure she reached her targets. She has responded so well to this approach. The improvement in her writing and presentation is wonderful.
Thank you once again and I hope you enjoy the summer break.

clottedcreamteawithscone Wed 24-Jun-15 11:58:37

great suggestions thank you Ive got it now!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now