Talk

Advanced search

Kent - Sutton Valence Prep vs Dulwich Prep vs St Ronan's vs Marlborough House

(6 Posts)
ruggerdad Fri 12-Jun-15 05:08:31

We are currently investigating prep schools nearby us in Kent and would be really interested to hear the experiences from any current parents.

The shortlist is Sutton Valence Prep, Dulwich College Prep, St Ronan's and Marlborough House. What are the pros and cons you have found? What are the big differences between each school?

Thanks!

twolittlekings Fri 12-Jun-15 11:16:26

We have 2 boys at Saint Ronans and have been there less than a year. We moved because of the school from another part of the country because we saw the school and knew that this was probably the most amazing experience we could give our children. We also looked at Marlborough House and Dulwich Prep. All three are great schools academically but it's the extra that you get at Saint Ronans that makes it so special. My older son who is quite frankly quite difficult at the best of times is a changed boy and is loving all the extras such as bushcraft and mountain biking. The teachers are fantastic, as are all the other staff. We have no regrets! If you want any more info please feel free to message me.

happygardening Fri 12-Jun-15 12:12:43

Friends sent their DS to Sutton Valance prep he was really happy there but they don't or at least didn't prepare a child for CE certainly not into places like Eton, you might get away with it for those requiring 50% on level 2 papers, so they moved him at yr 3. Other friends have children in the senior school and are happy with it. Hope this helps.

charleybarley Fri 12-Jun-15 12:47:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ruggerdad Mon 15-Jun-15 11:33:24

Many thanks for all the responses- it's great having some insight. I would expect that they are all great schools, so it's just a case of finding the right one now.

michaelrB Tue 16-Jun-15 19:51:20

Also worth looking at Ashford Prep School in Great Chart. Great reputation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now