Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ryde School

(10 Posts)
Imperial Sun 07-Jun-15 20:31:34

Anyone with recent experience of this school? Would be very grateful to hear opinions also on Island life in general.

CruCru Tue 09-Jun-15 16:54:44

Hello, I live (part time) on the west side of the island. I don't know much about Ryde school as it's about an hour each way from my house.

I think the east side of the island is much busier than the west. It can be quite bleak in, say, January when the weather is awful and Blackgang Chine / Robin Hill / most other attractions are closed for the winter. However, it is glorious in the summer.

What would you like to know?

Imperial Tue 09-Jun-15 19:24:42

Thank you. We are contemplating a move there (to help care for an ageing friend) so are just trying to suss out things like schooling. Have spent a lot of time on the Island but obviously living there - in January as you mention - is a whole different ball game.

TalkinPeace Wed 10-Jun-15 18:14:16

Hmm, I saw this thread, and the silence.
IOW schools are not the best.
If you have the option of living on the Mainland and commuting it would be better.

Sidge Wed 10-Jun-15 18:16:41

My friend's son is at Ryde School and she has been happy with it.

I don't know how it compares to other IOW schools but I don't think it's as highly regarded as many mainland private schools.

TalkinPeace Wed 10-Jun-15 18:25:41

Results wise, Ryde is about the same as a decent Comp such as Priestlands

Stickerrocks Wed 10-Jun-15 22:35:45

You only bother with Ryde School if you can't get into Christ the (Cost) King school & have the money to spare. We've stayed on the mainland due to the state of Island schools. However, if you're bright you should do well regardless (speaking with a professor & another with numerous Oxbridge degrees in the family, all originally from IOW failing state schools).

Imperial Thu 11-Jun-15 09:00:50

Thank you - this is all backing up what people in real life are suggesting. Back to the drawing board methinks....

Roy2424 Thu 16-Jul-15 23:13:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roy2424 Thu 16-Jul-15 23:15:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now