Talk

Advanced search

Prep Schools in/around Sutton Area - any advice?

(5 Posts)
educatingphoenix Mon 01-Jun-15 07:02:52

Before I moved abroad 8 years ago with my kids for work, my son attended Homefield Preparatory School in Sutton. He was Year 5 then.

That son finished his education in international school, is now 18 and off to uni this Sept. I regret leaving the UK education system - sometimes feel he would have done better if he'd stayed. But, things always look clearer in hindsight don't they?

Now, though, we need to find a school for his little brother (now year 3). We could look at Homefield again, but I know the headmaster has changed and I'm just wondering if there's anyone here who can tell me what the school's like nowadays....? Good things and bad? Complaints? etc ....

I want to choose a good school (willing to travel) for the little one. Don't want to feel I've made a mistake or chosen wrongly this time around.

Of course, schools and kids each have their own character and it's hard to find a good 'match', but any advice would be welcome.

Thanks in advance smile

educatingphoenix.wordpress.com/

Leeds2 Mon 01-Jun-15 12:12:16

The Priory in Banstead always seems to be highly rated by parents. No personal experience though.

educatingphoenix2 Mon 01-Jun-15 13:35:13

smile
Thank you for your reply Leeds2

Ladyleia Mon 01-Jun-15 22:14:43

DS3 is at Homefield and we are very happy with it. The new head is modernising the school (which it badly needed) but it's being done slowly. I have been very impressed with things like the science teaching. There are things that need improving but I think the culture of the school is broadly similar to what it used to be.

educatingphoenix2 Mon 01-Jun-15 23:26:35

@ladyleia : Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear about the science department....it's a subject that is not often taught as well as it should be in schools. Thanks again!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now