Talk

Advanced search

what happens when there is no 'named school' to mark CE

(6 Posts)
inthename Fri 22-May-15 21:05:18

Think I'm assuming that ds current school will mark the papers, is that correct?

Due to lack of bursary funding from the senior schools ds had offers from, we have no senior school at the moment, so it looks like we will be heading back into the state system. Ds teacher still wants him to do the CE exams, so does that mean that his current school marks them?

PeriPathetic Fri 22-May-15 21:06:58

The current school mark the papers. That's what's happening to DD anyway.

happygardening Fri 22-May-15 21:22:19

Your prep school will mark it. It might be worth asking if the state school your moving him too would like to see the papers to get a feel for his ability.
I don't know if he get stressed about exams but when DS1 sat it he didn't do French as he'd always struggled with it and it was worrying him.

inthename Fri 22-May-15 22:21:36

already done French. He's not great with exams, but its more a doesn't like doing them rather than can't manage them if you see what I mean?

summerends Sat 23-May-15 06:56:08

inthename hopefully he will enjoy the post-CE period more by doing CE even if the exams and revising over half term is a bit of a nuisance.

manicinsomniac Thu 28-May-15 01:09:46

Yes, prep school will mark them.

There are quite a lot of senior schools who either don't require CE or prefer to have the marks sent to them so your son's won't be the only paper the school are marking.

With the support of parents we tend to tell children who aren't actually required to sit CE that their results will determine their sets in their new schools. Otherwise they just switch off for an entire term and it isn't fair on them or the other children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now