Talk

Advanced search

broadhurst nursery

(10 Posts)
smilingfaces10 Mon 27-Apr-15 15:39:16

hi, can you tell me a little more about broadhurst? is it too regimented ? personal and nurturing? I dont want a strict or hectic place but a happy one. we are considering a afternoon place at broadhurst and want to make sure its the right thing for us

threegoingonthirty Mon 27-Apr-15 19:53:18

No personal experience but have had relatives who went there. TBH I think you only send your child to Broadhurst because of how well it prepares them for entry at 4+ etc. I'd be surprised if many parents there are hugely fussed about the nurturing side of things......

CB2009 Tue 28-Apr-15 14:26:53

Again no personal experience but our next door neighbours sent there bilingual daughter there. Despite both being top notch lawyers themselves, they found it rather over bearing and very pushy. Chose to send their son instead to their local community nursery in Dartmouth Park - moved from where we are. It depends what you want for your little one. Places are like gold dust. Stories abound of names down from conception. The little girl is much more confident since she left rather than while she was there. It is certainly a place where the NW London race for the best schools starts very early

spl18k Wed 13-May-15 15:37:53

Hi, our son attends Broadhurst currently and he loves it as do we! They aren't particularly pushy and the teachers are lovely and nurturing. He is 3 and they do phonics, numbers, letter writing etc as well as good mix of art and music. It is certainly not hectic and the pace is just right. Class sizes are small and they all get a lot of individual attention. I didn't put his name down until he was a few months old. Please pm me for more information if you like!

haveitallmum Tue 02-Jun-15 10:32:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

smilingfaces10 Tue 02-Jun-15 15:26:35

I just had a post deleted from haveitallmum. could you please PM it to me?

electionfatigue Tue 02-Jun-15 16:42:40

she's been spamming all the private school threads offering "consultation services".

TiesThatBind Wed 03-Jun-15 22:47:38

Following. We have an (afternoon) place for DS in a couple of years but I am worried about it being too pushy. The quality of the children's work they showed me was amazing - but not sure I want my son chained to a desk at 4!

mrbrowncanmoo Thu 04-Jun-15 07:33:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

berrymummy Wed 16-Mar-16 13:03:52

My son went to broadhurst 4 years ago and it was such a traumatic experience I still haven't recovered . Very pushy environment, scared teachers as the head runs a very tight ship with no room for an actually talented teacher to improvise and enjoy her job. Have known of many children leaving and breathing a sigh of relief. worksheets galore as above poster mentioned and very little pure play and enjoyment. Seriously consider it carefully before you put your child through that but I guess its the right choice for some....oh and the whole names at birth thing is ridiculous- have 3 friends that moved to NW london late and all got places. Its just a tactic to increase demand and I know kids leave all the time from there. I actually can't believe there are still open given so many peoples shocking experience

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now