Talk

Advanced search

Wimbledon schools - bishop gilpin primary

(4 Posts)
TSOne Wed 25-Mar-15 16:26:21

Hi mums, looking for some information on bishop gilpin. I know it's rated very highly in the area and is one of the outstanding state schools - I would like to know how it performs in terms of
Students going into good private schools at 7+. My plan is to send my son to BG at the start and then make him sit for 7+ entrances, however given that the school isn't going to prepare him for it, do people think it's a good idea or will it be better to put him in private right from the start. Any answers will be very helpful ! Thanks ...'Confused mom' smile

jeanne16 Fri 27-Mar-15 16:56:52

If you want him to sit the 7+ entrance exam, you will need to tutor him. In fact you will find boys at the private prep schools are also being tutored. So you could choose BG and spend the money you save on lots of tutoring! Some kids have tutors after school every day plus weekends. It just depends how determined you are.

NotNowDarling01 Fri 27-Mar-15 19:29:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Muglywump Sat 10-Feb-18 14:54:18

Hi! I wonder what did u decide in the end and how did it go ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: