Advanced search

Any idea how I pull out of the state secondary school admissions process?

(5 Posts)
merlottime Fri 13-Feb-15 11:38:56

We've accepted a place for Dd at an independant secondary for Sept 2015, and have turned down the other indie offer she had. All very straightforward. However I can't find any information on my local authority website (Croydon) on how to pull out of the state admission round, so that the place we would be allocated on 2nd March can go to someone else. Any ideas?

CliveCussler Fri 13-Feb-15 11:44:01

I would just wait till they write to you. Otherwise ring the main contact Council contact number and explain what you want to do.

Madcats Fri 13-Feb-15 13:43:50

I was in a similar situation last year and contacted my council's school admissions team and explained the situation as soon as I had accepted my private place (state school is always massively oversubscribed so I wanted to save somebody that pain). The guy on the phone sounded chuffed I called.

I just googled Croydon secondary admissions (because I need to urgently clear up the house) and found these details:
Tel 020 8726 6400

I can't remember if I was asked for DD's school admission id (or whatever it is I needed to apply online), but it might be a good idea to have something like that to hand in case they ask you to prove you aren't a complete stranger.

merlottime Fri 13-Feb-15 13:55:58

Thank you Madcats, I'll try that number.

earlychristmas Fri 13-Feb-15 15:04:31

well, I rang the council, I rang the school, emailed them and wrote a real letter. Still by the time it was September I got sent a bus pas. The school sent a reminder about not having paid for art/DT stuff.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now