Advanced search

Evidence based teaching

(7 Posts)
MuttersDarkly Wed 28-Jan-15 19:54:09

Somebody in a thread a while back posted a brilliant link for a blog (think it was UK based) that looks at/discusses the evidence (like studies) to support mentholdogies/stratagies that are used in the classroom.

We were talking about learning styles and mind mapping when it came up.

It was a FAB blog. But my iPad died, so I have lost the link.

I really want to find it again and am coming up blank on google.

Does the above description ring a bell for anybody ?

<eyes readers of thread in beseeching manner>

Caronaim Wed 28-Jan-15 19:58:25

learning styles are a total myth.

MuttersDarkly Wed 28-Jan-15 20:06:48

I know.

But it was so nice to have a blog full of quotable evidence to back that up with when going twenty rounds on the subject with The True Believers.

kesstrel Wed 28-Jan-15 20:23:39

Was it this one?

MuttersDarkly Wed 28-Jan-15 20:39:15

No, but it was in the same vein. It had comments. and ... I think.. it had evidence and teaching in the blog name.

I am bookmarking your link, in several places, so I don't lose it in the next iPad "dead hole for charging" crisis. I fancy a good rootle through it. thanks

MuttersDarkly Wed 28-Jan-15 20:45:44

found it !

Typical. I go for one more last ditch attempt to google, after weeks of no luck. Use exactly the same search string (I know cos I started typing and the string popped up cos it's in my search history) ... and there it is, right at the top of my search results. Which it hasn't been for all the other million tries. Hasn't been on the first twenty pages.

Must be because I just went to your link and google "fuzzy logic-ed" itself into working. Or something like that.

kesstrel Thu 29-Jan-15 14:50:45

lol! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now