Talk

Advanced search

Changing form class?

(4 Posts)
PingPongBat Tue 27-Jan-15 18:19:24

My DS has asked to change form class (Y7) because of continuous disruption by a small group, which does not appear to be improving despite those individuals being 'on report' etc. DS was in top sets for everything in Y6, but this year streaming has been stopped in non-core subjects. No idea why. Head of Year doesn't seem to know either hmm

He is coming home frustrated, sometimes in tears, saying he is no longer enjoying any non-streamed lessons.

We have a meeting with Head of Year soon, to discuss this, & she is already aware as we raised it last term. She described it last term as 'low level disruption'.

Not been in this sort of situation before, so wanted a MN opinion on whether a change of form class is a reasonable request for us to make, given that things are getting worse, not better, in his classes.

Caronaim Tue 27-Jan-15 21:03:38

Unfortunately teachers have no power at all to deal with this sort of situation. You actually have far power influence than they do. It is not acceptable for your child's education to be disrupted at all, and you must say so unequivocally. Just don't waste too much time repeating yourself to teachers who can do nothing about it. Go through the proper channels, but escalate it up as quickly as you can, to the head, then the governors then the LEA or academy chain. This sort of behaviour makes me sooooo angry. It isn't even the children's fault, as such, they are not doing anything truely evil, they have just been placed in a situation where no boundaries can be enforced, and there are no real punishments, and they react by being undisciplined.

Complain, Compplain, Complain, I wish more parents would, believe me your voice counts 100 x more then ours!

PingPongBat Wed 28-Jan-15 07:14:16

Thank you. Will be practising my complaining a lot over the coming weeks I think.

Quitethewoodsman Sun 01-Feb-15 11:54:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: