Talk

Advanced search

Independant junior school tables

(4 Posts)
nannynome Wed 14-Jan-15 12:35:20

I am having a moment of daft and cannot find these for the life of me. I need to compare a couple of independant junior/pre-preps in the yorkshire area. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

cakeisalwaystheanswer Wed 14-Jan-15 12:46:39

They are not worth reading, they are based on SAT results and most preps don't sit them - particularly boys schools.

nannynome Wed 14-Jan-15 12:47:55

Is there anything that will compare their 11+ or 13+ results? Or anyway of comparing then if the tables aren't helpful?

Inthedarkaboutfashion Wed 14-Jan-15 12:50:21

There are no tables of that nature which is why you cannot find them.
Prep school performance is measured by successful entry into senior school so what you can do is check each schools website and look at which senior schools they successfully manage to get the children into each year. If there is no data then it doesn't look good because if the school have a 95+% success rate at getting children into the top independent senior schools then they will provide that information on their website as it is a good selling point.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: