Talk

Advanced search

Dance GCSE

(8 Posts)
Namehanger Fri 09-Jan-15 15:12:58

DS1 is interested in doing dance GCSE'S. He has no dance experience, just really emjoying classes.

Anyone's DD or DS done this ?

NotEnoughTime Fri 09-Jan-15 20:37:54

No, but my DS would like to do this in a few years too. It isn't offered at his school so he will have to take it independently. Is your DS interested in drama/music too or just dance?

OddBoots Fri 09-Jan-15 20:43:42

My ds is in Y11 doing dance GCSE, it's not a subject he's ever had a huge passion for but he's not good enough at PE to take that as a GCSE so he did this instead (it counts for the compulsory PE in KS4).

Despite it not being his kind of thing really he's doing okay with it (looks likely to get a C, maybe a B) and is really enjoying it too.

Whyjustwhyagain Sat 10-Jan-15 22:43:10

Dd is hoping to do this as it's offered by her school in place of PE in Y10&11.
But she loves dance, and attends classes most nights after school and at the weekend.

MissMillament Sat 10-Jan-15 22:46:15

DD is doing it and absolutely loves it. She does dance outside school too, but says most of her class don't and it doesn't make any difference.

KingscoteStaff Sun 11-Jan-15 12:35:42

If you are in London, you can do this as a Saturday course at the RAD in Battersea. They may offer it in other cities, too.

Namehanger Sun 11-Jan-15 13:11:29

Great to hear, his school offers it. We think it would be great for non sporty DS1.

manicinsomniac Tue 13-Jan-15 13:46:43

I always assumed that it was a subject taken by kids who are already great dancers.

But I met a girl recently who'd done it a few years ago and she really isn't a very good dancer at all (think beginner level in most genres) so I think it's for everyone.

Sure it's lots of fun.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: