Talk

Advanced search

What next after Murderous Maths?

(8 Posts)
haltingtheclock Tue 06-Jan-15 21:38:07

My 10yo DS has loved the Murderous Maths series. He is reading them for a second time and asking for more. Any suggestions? I think something on cryptography might go down well, but it needs to be pitched at the right level, and fun.

xing Thu 08-Jan-15 17:03:30

Sorry I can't help. But I have the same query so I am interested in the suggestions as well.

noblegiraffe Fri 09-Jan-15 22:11:24

Has he read The Number Devil? it's got some quite advanced number theory concepts.

trinity0097 Sat 10-Jan-15 19:34:51

I would second the number devil.

haltingtheclock Sat 10-Jan-15 21:17:27

Thanks, will give it a go.

Michaelahpurple Thu 15-Jan-15 10:35:28

How old ? At my school book shop I sell quite a lot of Rob easton's books to yes 5 and 6 (how long is a piece of string , how many socks make a bait, why do buses come in threes) but they are much more sense than murderous - no pictures. So so number devil first

haltingtheclock Thu 15-Jan-15 16:56:37

Age 10 and Year 6 Michaelapurple. I'm actually reading 'Why do Buses Come in Threes' myself at the mo because someone got me it for Christmas. Will definitely hand it on when I'm finished - I think it's right up his street.

Gozogozo Thu 15-Jan-15 18:40:20

10 y DD enjoying how many socks make a pair but we read it together FWIW. Also looking sideways at ayurvedic maths - lots of interesting calculation ideas.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: